Monday, January 28, 2013

Lovely London

Hi all! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've actually had to be a student (Translation: I've been watching hours upon hours of Gossip Girl). However, I have finally reached a point where I could stop for a little while to write a post about what I've been doing when I'm not pretending I'm an upper-east side socialite.

Wednesday I went on a Jack the Ripper walking tour of London which the school provided for all us study abroad students free of charge. My bank account was very happy to have a night out and a dinner without having to pay for it. It was really cool and I had a great time despite having to walk for 90 minutes in the cold.

For those of you who are not familiar, Jack the Ripper is one of the most infamous serial killers of England, not only because his identity was never revealed but also because of the vicious way he killed his victims. I was really surprised to find out he only killed 5 (confirmed) women but it was still horrible to hear about the way he killed them but also interesting to hear the history and what they know about him while trying to guess who he was. Personally I lean towards the Royal conspiracy theory but that could have to do with my love for drama.

Then on Saturday Olivia and I headed into London for a girls day of shopping and exploring the city. Luckily, it was a rare sunny and warm-ish days so we enjoyed our time outside. First we went to Harrods which is easily the biggest and more luxurious/expensive stores I've ever been in. We had so much fun spending hours scouring the many floors trying to see everything. The clothes were all gorgeous and I almost feel in love when I saw the shoes. However, I think my favorite section was the Disney room which was a princess room to put even most Disney stores to shame. I easily could have stayed in there forever. While I'm sure we didn't see the whole store we decided to take a break and head out to lunch.


The Entrance to Harrods

After lunch we decided to enjoy the sun and explore the parks as we headed to Kensington Palace in the hopes of spotting Kate Middleton. It took us forever to find the palace as we had to walk through both Hype Park and Kensington Gardens. Unfortunately we did not succeed in our mission to find her though we did find out that she had been at a lot of the places we saw the day before so we now know where to go (or stalk).

Kensington Palace where William and Kate live


That night we also celebrated Derek's 21st birthday. While he technically wasn't turning 21 until Sunday we planned a surprise party for him and then went to the on campus bar, Medicine, afterwards. It was so much fun and everyone had a great time!

Olivia and I in our mandatory party hats
Well, that's about it for this week. Oh, I also mentioned that I would be starting another blog which I officially launched last week. It's devoted solely to fashion and style that I observe while abroad and how it relates to fashion back home. Here's the link so feel free to check it out: Foreign Fashionista. Also, as always, if you have any questions or just want to tell me what you love (or hate) about my blog feel free to leave a comment below! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment