Thursday, January 17, 2013

Into the Swing of Things

Well today officially marks two weeks since I arrived in England. It's weird because a part of me can't believe it's already been two weeks and another part of me can't believe that it's only been two weeks since I've arrived. I'm finally getting into the swing of things (I think). I've figured out most of the buildings, I've cooked my first meal in the kitchen and I have made it to all my classes. I still have a lot of other things to learn but it's starting to feel normal.

This weekend was my first trip into London and it was everything I hoped it would be and more. It also just affirmed for me why I picked England as my country to study abroad in. We did all the touristy things like Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and things like that. Everything here is so beautiful and I LOVE the architecture. It's all so old and has so much history. Here are a few pictures but there were tons more so go check them out on Facebook.

The London Eye

Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament

 Westminster Abbey

CJ and I in front of Buckingham Palace

I have much more to do and see in London while I'm here. For instance, we didn't even go see the Tower of London or Hampton Court and I plan to spend a day for each of those so fear not, there is plenty more to come. 

In other news, yesterday was my 21st birthday! While it wasn't quite as significant since I've been able to legally drink and gamble here since I was 18 it was still special to me. Me and some friends went out for dinner where I had my first legal cocktail, a strawberry daiquiri (which I love!). We then went to go see the movie Gangster Squad. All in all, it was a fun birthday though I did miss all my friends and family back home.

That's about it for this week. Hopefully I'll have some more to report after the weekend but until then...cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment