Saturday, April 27, 2013

Stephanie's Euro Trip, Part Two

Well, I'm back after a very long hiatus. Unfortunately, or fortunately in my case, it's been a very busy few weeks with plenty of travel and adventure. However, I am now done with my eurotrip and can post all about it. Here it goes!

The next day in Paris was also our final full day so we woke up early and headed into main Paris to see the sights. First up was the Louvre which we explored for a little bit before heading over to see one of their most famous pieces, The Mona Lisa. We had to fight our way through the huge crowd but eventually we made it to the front and got to take a good look and some pictures.






After the Louvre we made our way to Notre Dame which was maginficent. Unfortunately, the line was too long and we had a lot more to see that day so we decided to only admire it from the outside. After a quick and yummy lunch of french onion soup and pate we headed to the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triumphe where we took tons of photos. On a side note, Steph got a cotton candy half her size and here's a funny picture of her eating it (that she'll probably kill me for later).


The next morning we had just enough time for a breakfast of tons of pastries, my favorite being Pan au chocolat, and some time to buy souvenirs that I hope my family is enjoying back home. Then we boarded a train and headed back to England. Piece of advice for anyone who may be going to Paris, take the train! I know it's more money but I guarantee it's worth it! Especially when you compare it to the bus.

After a few more days of shenanigans with Stephanie she unfortuantely had to return to the US and leave me. However, I was so happy that she came and we had a great time! Jacovinos take Europe was a success!

We had a relatively low-key Easter here and a few days later CJ's parents arrived for their visit. They stayed two whole weeks and I don't think there was a minute that we weren't busy doing something. We went on two bus tours that hit 3 cities each in the UK. That's a total of 6 cities!

The first tour took us to Bath, Salisbury Cathedral, and Stonehenge. Bath was absolutely beautiful and I could have spent an entire day there exploring the Roman baths and the city. We also had a great time at Salisbury Cathedral and Stonehenge though by the time we got to Stonehenge it was snowing and the wind was howling so we didn't want to spend too long outside but it was still amazing to see!

We also did another bus tour which took us to Warwick Castle, Stratford-Upon-Avon, and Oxford. Even though I had already seen Stratford I enjoyed seeing it again and I got to go into Shakespeare's birthplace which I didn't do the first time. Luckily it was a nicer day than the first one so we didn't mind walking around outside as much. We had a great time and I was so happy to get to see so much more of England besides London.

Derek, CJ and his Dad

 CJ and his mom at Oxford












While they were here we also went to see The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie which is the longest running play in history. It's a murder mystery and I loved it though I've been sworn to secrecy so if you want to know who did it you'll have to go see for yourself. Trust me, it's worth it!




Derek, CJ, his mom and me in front of the Mousetrap
We had a great time with his parents and we were sad to see them go but they had to go back to work and we had to get ready for our traveling extravaganza which I'll write all about in my next post! Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment